Find Property Show Search
Longstone Stud, Cullen, Tipperary - For Sale
Residential (Country House)
Longstone Stud offers a Unique Opportunity to Acquire a Substantial Country Property with a Very Comfortable and Much Loved Family Home (c. 3,533 sq. ft.) on c. 52 Acres of Top Class Golden Vale Lands, situated in the Heart of "Scarteen Hunt" country with Wonderful Views of the Galtee Mountains.This proven training grounds having produced Supreme Glory who went on to win the Scottish National and finish second in the English Grand National. Longstone Stud was acquired by the present owners in the early 2000s with the residence extensively renovated and extended to create a most charming residence with very generous living accomodation, finished to an exceptionally high standard. The property is approached by a beech lined avenue through recessed electric gates which lead to a gravel driveway to the front or a semi enclosed courtyard to the rear. The detached two storey period residence c. 3,533 sq. ft. has been totally refurbished and extended and offers extremely comfortable and spacious accomodation including; entrance hall, drawing room, kitchen/living/dining with 4 oven Aga cooker. There are two very spacious downstairs bedrooms (both ensuite), office, back kitchen, study, utility and downstairs toilet. There are three bedrooms on the first floor (one ensuite) together with main bathroom and hotpress. The gardens are mainly in lawn to the front of the house with a delightful shrubbery to the rear. Construction of the house is local standstone with lime plaster to the front. LOCATION: The property is situated just outside the Village of Cullen approximately 4 km off the Limerick/Tipperary Road (N24), 10 minutes from Limerick Junction (Railway Station), 1 hour 40 minutes to Heuston Dublin, 20 minutes Limerick City and 40 minutes Shannon Airport, 1 hour Cork Airport and 1/2 hour Adare & Cashel. OUTSIDE: The yard includes * 13 Loose boxes * Open sheds with turnout pens * Haybarn * 4 unit horse walker * All weather Sand Arena 20m x 28m * Secure Tack Room * 1.6 furlong All Weather Sand Gallop (Wexford Sand) THE LANDS: The lands which comprise 52 acres are all in permanent pasture with extensive road frontage. Laid out in 7 paddocks all dry ground with good shelter and renowned for their fattening qualities. In addition to the 1.6 Furlong Circular All Weather Gallop there are also options of 4,5 and 6 furlong grass gallops with challenging uphill terrain. AMENITIES: Hunting: This is top class hunting country situated in the heart of the Scarteen Black and Tans Hunt Country, and Tipperary's, Limerick's and Duhallows all within an hours drive. Racing: Limerick, Tipperary and Clonmel. Fishing: Good fishing on the River Suir, Mulkear and the Blackwater. Golf: In nearby Ballykisteen, Limerick Golf and Adare Manor. This is a Most Desirable Property and Ideally Suitable for Training Purposes, Sales Prep, Sport Horse Enthusiast, Show Jumping, Eventing and Breeding. A Very Comfortable and Much Loved Family Home. Solicitor: David J. O'Meara & Sons, Bank Place, Mallow, Co Cork. Viewing Strictly by Appointment through Richard Ryan on 087 8067772 or Joint Agents Savills Country +353 1 6634350 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beds: 5
- Bathrooms: 5
- Entrance Hall 5.9m x 2.2m With wooden Floor.
- Drawingroom 5.9m x 5.2m With wooden Floor, coving, feature marble fireplace.
- Diningroom 5.9m x 5.2m With tiled floor, recessed lights, coving, feature brick
- fireplace with wood burning stove.
- Back Kitchen 4.6m x 3.35m With tiled floor, recessed lights, coving, built in units with
- integrated oven, hob and extractor unit.
- Utility 3.35m x 2.6m With tiled floor and cloakroom area with guest w.c. and w.h.b.
- Rear Hall/Study 4m x 2.8m With tiled floor, coving, recessed lights, Door leading to Rear Patio.
- Office 4m x 3.7m With tiled floor, coving, door leading to front lawn.
- Spectacular Kitchen/ 8.6m x 8.6m With hand painted fitted units, granite worktop, Island with
- Living/Dining granite worktop, electric 5 door Aga cooker, integrated
- electric oven with separate gas hob, wooden floor with raised
- ceiling and recessed lighting. Feature Jetmaster fireplace,
- bay window.
- Master Bedroom 4.8m x 5.5m With built in wardrobes, coving.
- Ensuite Bathroom 3.5m x 3.6m With tiled floor, coving, recessed lights, underfloor heating,
- bath, w.h.b., w.c. with vanity unit and bidet. Heated towel
- Bedroom 2 4.8m x 5m With built in wardrobes, coving, TV and telephone point.
- Ensuite Bathroom 2.8m x 3.5m With tiled floor, coving, recessed lights, bath, w.h.b., w.c.
- and bidet, large double shower cubicle. Hot press.
- Landing 2.09m x 5.68m With coving. Hotpress.
- Bedroom 3 3.9m x 2.7m With built in wardrobes, recessed lights, coving.
- Bedroom 4 5m x 3.1m With built in wardrobes, recessed lights.
- Bedroom 5 4.8m x 3.1m With recessed lights, coving.
- Ensuite Bathroom 2.7m x 2.4m With solid wooden floor, recessed lights, coving, w.h.b.,
- w.c., bath.
- Main Bathroom 2.7m x 2.6m With recessed lights, coving, w.h.b., w.c. and bath.
- The Entire property is in excellent condition having been finished to a very very high standard.
- Well worth viewing.
- * Zoned oil fired central heating
- * Double glazed hardwood sash windows
- * Excellent electrical specification
- * Ber C3
- Mains water, electricity, bio-cycle sewerage system, alarm.
From Limerick take the Tipperary Road to Oola, turn right in Oola, proceed to Cullen. In Cullen turn right followed by an immediate left at "Quinlans Pub", proceed for 1.6 km and turn right, proceed for a further 1 km the property is located on the left hand side. From Tipperary Town take the Limerick Road to Monard, turn left in Monard, proceed to Cullen Village, turn left at "Quinlans Pub", proceed for 1.6 km and turn right, proceed for a further 1 km the property is located on the left hand side. GPS Co-ordinates; 52.504182,-8.294008.