Find Property Show Search
Former Sisters of Mercy Convent, Convent Street, Killaloe, Clare - For Sale
Residential (Detached House)
Outstanding period property located in this hugely popular lakeside town. For Sale by Private Treaty. Prominent land mark property located in the hub of Killaloe located immediately adjacent to all amenities. Constructed in 1857 as “The Bishops Palace” this period property has extensive living and bedroom accommodation and could be adapted for numerous commercial or residential uses. Many of the original features are retained including high ceilings, wainscoting, carved architraves, detailed cornice work, ceiling roses and original window shutters. Good parking in the forecourt area. Inspection of this extensive and most desirable property is highly recommended. Joint Agents :- GVM Auctioneers and Harry Brann Auctioneers. For full brochure return to GVM website and click on Print Brochure. High resolution brochure attached. Solicitors: - John Halpin, Kerin Hickman & O’ Donnell, 2 Bindon Street, Ennis, Co. Clare V95V2TH Tel :- 065-6828712 – email@example.com
- Beds: 14
- Bathrooms: 14
- Entrance Hall 6.00m x 3.61m Carpeted. Sweeping staircase to first floor. Understairs storage.
- Lounge 6.88m x 6.02m Carpeted. Marble open fireplace. Picture rail. Coving & ceiling rose detail.
- Oratory 8.20m x 6.04m Carpeted. Marble open fireplace. Coving. Wall & ceiling cornicing.
- Sacristy 4.56m x 4.23m Carpeted. Shower room with electric shower, wc & whb.
- Corridor 17.65m x 1.50m 4.60m x 1.74m Carpeted. Picture rail. Telephone kiosk. Side door access.
- Side Hall 4.61m x 3.05m Vinyl tiled floor. Carpeted stairs to first floor with chair lift.
- Understairs storage.
- Side Entrance Porch 2.73m x 1.56m Terracotta tiled floor.
- WC Included above Terracotta tiled floor. Wc & whb.
- Kitchen 6.45m x 4.96m Terracotta tiled floor. Oil fired Aga cooker. Fully fitted units to include plumbing for cooker, dishwasher & washing machine. Breakfast counter. Picture rail.
- Dining Room 5.02m x 4.10m Timber floor. Picture rail. Crockery storage.
- Living Room 6.78m x 4.83m Carpeted. Open fireplace with built-in display / storage cabinets.
- Rear Hall 6.78m x 4.35m Vinyl floor. Side door access.
- Office 1 Included above Carpeted. Built-in storage.
- WC Included above Vinyl floor. Wc & whb.
- Store Room Included above Vinyl floor & wall shelving.
- Office 2 Included above Carpeted.
- First Floor
- 4.90m x 3.59m x 20.34m x 1.19m x 5.03m x 1.01m Carpeted. Coat closet. Coving.
- Shower Room Included above Carpeted. Shower off mains, wc & whb.
- Bedroom 1 4.72m x 3.35m Carpeted. Whb.
- En-suite Included above Vinyl floor. Electric shower & wc. Extractor fan.
- Bedroom 2 4.70m x 3.98m Carpeted. Marble open fireplace.
- Bedroom 3 4.87m x 3.46m Carpeted. Whb. Dress room.
- Bedroom 4 4.08m x 2.33m Carpeted. Whb.
- Bedroom 5 4.06m x 1.95m Carpeted. Whb.
- Bedroom 6 4.22m x 3.38m Carpeted. Whb. Open fireplace.
- Landing 2 4.56m x 3.03m x 7.56m x 1.18m X 2.00m x 3.68m X 8.26m x 0.98m Carpeted. Fire escape stair to the rear.
- Bedroom 7 3.73m x 2.00m Carpeted. Whb. Picture rail.
- Bedroom 8 3.71m x 2.00m Carpeted. Built-in wardrobe. Picture rail.
- Bedroom 9 3.70m x 2.43m Carpeted. Whb & built-in wardrobe.
- Shower Room 1 2.89m x 1.79m Vinyl floor. Shower off mains & whb.
- Shower Room 2 2.90m x 1.82m Vinyl floor. Shower off mains & whb.
- WC x 2 2.03m x 2.00m Vinyl floor. Wc.
- Bedroom 10 3.06m x 2.70m Carpeted. Whb & built-in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 11 3.07m x 2.70m Carpeted. Whb & built-in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 12 2.91m x 2.70m Carpeted. Whb & built-in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 13 2.91m x 2.64m Carpeted. Whb & built-in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 14 3.06m x 2.63m Carpeted. Whb & built-in wardrobe.
- Walk-in Hotpress 3.50m x 2.61m Fully shelved. Vinyl floor.
- 1. Oil fired central heating system (modern boiler).
- 2. Original single glazed sash windows in original building PVC double glazing in rear extension.
- 3. The property is protected structure (BER exempt).
- 4. Wrought iron entrance gates, tarmac driveway, car parking and mature hedging and trees.
- Circa 0.5 st acre site overall.
This property is located in the hub of Killaloe immediately adjacent to Supervalu and the adjoining Convent Hill Shopping Centre. LOCATION :- Killaloe is a picturesque and well-known lakeside tourist destination located on the banks of the River Shannon. The town is well endowed with all local amenities including restaurants, Galleries, shops, boutiques, schools, sporting amenities, historical sites, hotels and B&B’s and self-catering accommodation. There are numerous for the boating and fishing enthusiasts. The local urban population is established at 3,500. Limerick City 25 kilometres. Shannon Airport 55 kilometres. Dublin 190 kilometres. Co-ordinates 570231 - 672860