Find Property Show Search
Clonsast, Rathangan, Kildare - For Sale
A charming thatched cottage which effortlessly combines traditional beauty and character whilst remaining a very functional and modern family home. The cottage is steeped in history and was originally built in the 1700’s, known as “The spinning Wheel” or in Irish “An Tuirne” to locals. The cottage benefits from modern comforts with an eco-friendly biomass pellet boiler for heating and fibre broadband available on the road. The attractive outbuildings adjoining the cottage would be ideal for conversion to an office for working from home or as a hobbyist’s workshop. The property is benefited by having been re-wired and re-plumbed in recent years. Viewing of this exceptional property is highly recommended! Contact Joint Agents GVM Auctioneers Tullamore 05793-21196 or Tom McDonald & Associates Portarlington on 05786-23643 today for further details.
- Beds: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Porch; 1.3m x 2.1m, radiator
- Living / dining room; 5.1m x 3.5m, slate floor, radiator, solid fuel stove with back boiler & brick fireplace
- Kitchen; 2.5m x 3m, Belfast sink, radiator, modern appliances
- Sitting room; 5.9m x 3.4m, timber panel ceiling, slate floor, stove, we’re informed ceiling could be vaulted.
- Bedroom 1; 3.6m x 4.2m, hardwood floor, built in wardrobe, spot lights in ceiling, radiator, panelling on wall.
- En-suite; 3.1m x 3.8m, bath, WHB, toilet, tiled half wall.
- Bedroom 2; 3.6m x 4.9m, carpet, radiator, french doors, spotlights, slide robes.
- En-suite; 2.3m x 2.1m, tiled half wall, shower, WHB and toilet.
- Bedroom 3; 3.5m x 3.1m, timber floor.
- W/C; 1.6m x 1.3m, toilet, WHB, tiled floor to ceiling.
- Adjoining outbuildings; block walls with pitched slated roof. Contains biomass boiler, area for fuel storage and plumbed for washer / dryer.
- Charming thatched cottage
- Biomass pellet heating system
- Access to Fibre broadband on the road
- Beautiful family home
- Outbuildings could be easily converted
Directions: From Rathangan take the R419 to Bracknagh. At Murphy’s shop / pub turn left and continue on this road until you meet our signage on your right after approximately 2.6km.