Find Property Show Search
The Railway Hotel, Parnell Street, Limerick City, Limerick - For Sale
Commercial (Hotels & B+Bs)
This is a very prestigious and high profile hotel/ former supermarket premises positioned on a prominent corner site at the junction of Parnell Street and Davis Street just across the road from the recently refurbished and extended Colbert Train & Bus Station, and just a few minutes’ walk from Limerick's O'Connell Street. The overall property consists of a former 31 bedroom hotel together with an adjoining property (former supermarket) that now has full planning approved for retail on the ground floor and a modern apartment development overhead. While there is expenditure required there is enormous potential here to develop this overall site for either retail/hotel/hostel/apartments etc. The location is iconic enjoying extensive street frontage with historical buildings (Circa 1840) that beg restoration and redevelopment. Plans and full details are available on request.
- Beds: N/A
- Bathrooms: N/A
- Former 31 bedroom hotel (constructed 1840) together with reception area, bar, lounge, meeting rooms, breakfast room, kitchen, laundry and prominent street frontage to both Parnell Street and Davis Street and rear access also to Mallow Street.
- The adjoining property (1,040 sq. m) has full planning permission approved for the reconstruction of 10 no apartments (over three floors) together with Circa 210 sq m of retail space on the ground floor.
- * Very prominently located directly across the road from Colbert Train & Bus Station.
- * Just 5 minutes walk from Limerick City Centre.
- * Access to laneway at the rear.
- * General area earmarked for redevelopment.
- * Historical facade with extensive street frontage.
- * Could be sold in two individual lots.
The subject properties are bounded by Upper Mallow Street to the South, Colbert Railway Station to the east and North and the Railway Hotel to the North. The site curtilage contains includes a rear service yard accessed from Davis Lane which is a cul de sac. The subject properties are situated across the road from the recently refurbished and extended Colbert Train and Bus Station. The area is best described as mixed residential/commercial in character. The “People’s Park” is close by and the main retail hub of the city is just 5 minutes walk. Limerick is the capital of Ireland's Mid-West region with an urban and rural hinterland population of over 200,000 and is noted for its shopping, its dining and entertainment, its historical significance, as well as its contributions to the arts. The immediate urban population is estimated at 80,000.